The 2018 NASSH conference will be held at the historic Fort Garry Hotel in downtown Winnipeg.
The reception on Friday, May 25, will be held in the Concert Hall on the 7th floor of the Fort Garry Hotel.
Distinguished lecturers’ addresses & lunches
Plenary sessions and lunches will take place on the 7th floor of the Fort Garry Hotel.
The presidential welcome on Saturday morning, all distinguished lectures, and the business meeting will take place in the Concert Hall.
Lunches will be held in the Crystal Ballroom. The two rooms are connected by a short hallway.
Parallel sessions & book display
Presentations will take place in five rooms: Gateway, LaVerendrye, and Tache on the mezzanine level, Salon A and Salon C on the first floor.
The book display will be on the mezzanine level, which is also where coffee breaks will take place.
Closing-Night Banquet (Monday, May 28)
The annual NASSH banquet will take place in Buhler Hall at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. The Museum is walking distance from the Fort Garry Hotel (650 metres/ 0.4 miles).
- At 5:30 the Museum opens to NASSH members, who will have exclusive access to the main four galleries.
- At 6:30, cocktails will be served in the Garden of Contemplation (4th floor) of the Museum.
- Dinner will be served in Buhler Hall at 7:30.
- There are two choices for entrees:
- STEAK & CHICKEN DUO: Duo of grilled 5oz Manitoba striploin steak (cooked to medium) and 6oz herb & garlic marinated grilled chicken breast with brandy & green peppercorn sauce [gluten-free]
- ROOT VEGETABLE WELLINGTON: A medley of root vegetables and gremolata wrapped in puff pastry with vegetable fricassee [vegan]
- Please select your preferred entree by completing this form (must be completed by Friday, May 18, 2018).
- Note: Starter and dessert will be gluten-free.
Special meal requests
If you have special dietary needs, please complete this form (where you can also indicate your choice of entree for the banquet). We will do everything we can to meet these requests and endeavor to communicate any challenges in advance.
All NASSH 2018 venues are wheelchair accessible and can be reached by both elevator and stairways.
In addition, all the plenary sessions plus the larger of the session rooms will be equipped with microphones and sound systems.